Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flowers and cookies

I haven't had nearly as much time as I would like to sew this week, but it was a good week.  Today I helped out at a blood drive at my church.  It was my friend's Eagle Scout project and I made treats for all that donated.  I also helped out at the sign in table.  It was really fun and a good reminder to serve the community, even in small ways.  The treats I made were a new recipe, inspired by a small cookie shop in Utah.  I made chocolate chip cookie bars and put chopped up candy bars on top. 




They were really delicious and this is definitely a recipe that I will make again!

I was also really excited this week because I found peonies at the grocery store!  I had several peony bushes in my yard growing up and loved to see them bloom.  It was such a fun reminder of Iowa!


Well, I am hoping to sew in the next few days.  I have several baby quilts that are about finished.  I am also working on a couple original patterns that will be available soon at www.lollipopsandnotions.com



No comments: